- bag (14 oz) Green Giant Select® frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- box (7.8 oz) Betty Crocker® Deluxe creamy Cheddar au gratin potatoes
- cups boiling water
- tablespoons margarine or butter
- cup milk
- boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 lb)
- slices (1 oz each) Cheddar cheese, cut diagonally in half
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray 11x7-inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. 2. Spread broccoli in baking dish. Stir Potatoes, Sauce Mix, Cheese Sauce, boiling water and margarine in medium bowl. Stir in milk. Spread over broccoli. Place chicken breast halves on potato mixture. 3.Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Place cheese slices on chicken. Sprinkle with Topping. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Let stand 5 minutes or until sauce is as thick as desired.
I did a few things differently. I covered the dish for the full 30 mins and then took it out , uncovered it and sprinkled a four cheese blend on top and did not add the cheese slices. I also did not put the broccoli on the bottom but I mixed the potatoes and broccoli together and then layered the chicken on top. It turned out very well. My husband again had multiple plates and informed me that I will be cooking from now on if I keep this up lol. It was gratifying to here him be pleased with not only my effort but with the taste of dinner. On to today. I am making the French's Crunchy Onion Chicken. I am making it with garlic mashed potatoes and french green beans. I will update tomorrow on how it goes.